Strengths of Print Writing
- We can read printed documents much easily than electronic ones. Reading online increases reading time by about 25%. This is because the visual resolution of a printed material is about 250 times sharper than the computer screen.
- Print media offers more portability. We can read a book/newspaper/magazine anywhere without the hassle of hardware.
- Print materials are faster to skim through. They can also be easily shuffled compared to online pages.
- It is easier to underline or highlight something on paper.
Strengths of Electronic Writing
- Generally, online publishing is more cost effective than print publishing.
- Online publishing provides more scope for experimenting with style and space.
- Colors appear more bright in online pages (use RGB) compared to print pages (use CMYK).
- It is much easier to edit or update online content. It can be done with just a few clicks. In print media, for updating any information, the whole thing needs to be reprinted, which increases expenditure.
- The use of multimedia helps to present online materials in a much more pleasing and entertaining manner.
Electronic writing offers more interactivity. For example, in surveys, people respond more readily to online requests.