Medical practitioners come across a large number of patients with variations in disease expression and subsequent prognosis. Sometimes a unique non reported disease phenotype or may notice the significant outcome of any innovative combinative treatment. These surgical table details are crucial and need to be recorded to provide direction to both doctors and researchers. However, with the hustling profession of being a medical practitioner, it seems an overwhelming task to report “insights of new and unique observations” in form of full-length paper. Does this mean publishing is all about lengthy research article or review writing? The answer is No, the alternative is a MEDICAL CASE REPORT.
What do we mean by Medical Case reports (MCR)?
It is written communication of previously unknown or a rare disease presentation. Also, MCR can be reporting of de novo treatment strategy of utmost medical significance. Since, its frontline of evidence, therefore, can pave the way towards the development of medical sciences bringing better diagnosis and prognostic strategies.
Components of MCR and their relevance
Similar to any scientific text, MCR too has a specific format to provide clarity and keeping the readers engaged until the end.
- Abstract: Short and crisp conveying the gist of the article in a structured manner.
- Background: Origin of study with highlights’ of what’s known to date.
- Case Presentation: Physical examination of the apposite prognosis of the subject in chronological order.
- Discussion: Illustration of the uniqueness of case and future significance.
- Conclusion: Take home message of MCR.
- List of Abbreviation
- Author information
- Cover Letter
Conclusion: MCR can be the first step to revolutionize the field of medical sciences with heart-throbbing findings of life significance.