Want to create an impactful abstract that persuades the readers to read your article? Here’s an interesting solution – Video Abstracts
What is a video abstract?
A video abstract is an innovative way to explain your work to the public and researchers outside of your field that adds value proposition. This 3-5 minute video lets you conclude all the accomplishments in your research work in a journal article.
Importance of Video Abstract
Video Abstract uses a method to create a video summary by using a series of fixed pictures or moving images that let the readers get a brief idea about the targeted topic within a short period of time rather than scrolling through a theoretical and lengthy abstract.
- Color-based Techniques: It is used because of its indifference and stability against changes in direction and size.
- Event-Based Video Abstraction: It combines motion analysis with video skimming to create an event-based method that examines the optical flow to find exciting events and compare them to previous data. Events of interest are usually kept in video abstracts.
- Motion-Based Technique: It addresses pixel-to-pixel frame differences and optical flow.
- PowerPoint Presentation: This is the most common and popular technique that delivers insightful images and clean slides which is used for video abstract.
- Animations: With the help of accessible animation software tools, dynamic or stationary picture graphics can be created which is a cost-effective method.
- Combination types: This technique can create meaningful abstracts by gathering high activity material and being threshold-independent, but it is a domain-specific approach.
Video abstraction suggested for observation
- Attribute abstraction
- Colour and appearance
- Technical Specifications
Guidelines for Video Submission
- Incorporation of video picture files as supplementary electronic materials should be done by the author.
- After the approval of the manuscript, the author is asked to upload the video pictures to MOMO (Make Our Movies Open) (via website).
- This is done by an associate editor who is in charge of video submissions and e-mail management.
- At this point, the steps to upload the video are provided.
- Once the video is published in the Online First Article, no modifications can be henceforth. Therefore, the writers are advised to upload a new file to MOMO and get a different ID code in case they want to opt for any modifications.
- In case of query, kindly contact the head editor.
A number of video apps count on video abstraction, such as categorization, reading, and recapture. The various techniques used for a better video abstraction is a key point to keep in mind. Also, the technicalities and specifications mentioned must be employed for an innovative and interesting video abstract for a journal article.