The substantive editing service at Manuscriptedit.com involves:
- Thorough and comprehensive revision of the manuscript content and incorporation of substantive changes to the text.
- Checking the manuscript's English language for spelling, vocabulary, grammar and punctuation.
- Checking for correct scientific terminology, appropriate use of units of measurement, symbols and variables.
- Rephrasing & revising sentence structure, improving word choice.
- Adjusting the writing style to make it consistent and logical and conform to a chosen standard.
- Improving the organization and quality of communication.
- Eliminating repetitions to ensure continuity and logical presentation of the authors' thoughts and making overall improvement of the manuscript.
- Triple-checks to improve the clarity and logic of presentation, and most importantly ensure that the intent of the author is presented correctly.
- Fact checking to verify simple and obvious statement of facts about their accuracy.
- References, tables and figures are not reviewed unless specifically requested by the authors.
- The authors are free to accept or reject the suggestions in their final manuscript for submission to academic and English language journals.
What does Substantive editing cover?
Covers subject-verb agreement, article usage, punctuation, spellings, and tense.
STYLE & CONSISTENCY
capitalization, hyphenation, headings, numbering style, and abbreviations; American/British English styles.
citation style, appropriate citation of sources, and accuracy of cross-references between text & figures and main text & end list.