There are several parameters to consider while deciding the journal where you wish to send your paper for publications. The parameter include alignment of the subject of your work to the aims and scope of the journal, the word count, impact factor, readership, indexing, and publishing fees. One might also opt for journal selection services provided by the publication support agencies.
Gorgias Press and De Gruyter have come together to form a editorial and commercial agreement for Gorgias Press titles. This agreement will entitle eBook versions of all Gorgias Press titles to be available on degruyter.com. The contract includes the Gorgias Press output of 75 titles per year and a backlist of more than 3,000 titles, all well-known in their fields for their excellent level of quality.
National Institutes of Health (NIH) rule has again hauled controversy from the publishers and academic librarians. The new rule which is now a law requires NIH-funded researchers to submit an electronic copy of their peer-reviewed manuscripts with the NIH for free online distribution through PubMed Central, its digital archive. The AAP is critical of the new rule on economic grounds as scientific research is an important product in the international marketplace and making research freely available undermine the global market for research.
The first inside account of the most controversial presidency will be reflected in the book “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House” written by Michel Wolff. The book will be edited by Macmillan’s editor at large John Sterling. Henry Holt’s president and publisher Stephen Rubin announced today that the book will be published on Jan.9, 2018.
Wolff shows how Trump furthermore, his team careened starting with one crisis then onto the next amid the organization’s initial nine months in view of more than 200 interviews with the president and most individuals from his ranking staff.
The American Society of Animal Science (ASAS) has announced Oxford University Press (OUP) as its new publishing partner, which will provide varied services comprising production, distribution, and marketing for three journals of ASAS Animal Science Collection. This agreement will be effective from January 1, 2018 and fits directly within the new ASAS Strategic Plan. This partnership aims at enhancing the visibility of the journal portfolios, continue to emphasize global expansion, and increase the society’s revenue to enhance membership services.
Reference Link: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-coal-mining-report-suppress-public-health-nature-journal-science-fossil-fuels-cimate-a7921821.html
Research and Development (R&D) is an intrinsic part of government departments, corporations, organizations, institutions, and even candidatures (as amply demonstrated in the recent U.S. elections). This is because R&D is the driver of growth, innovation, and image-building, irrespective of the industry or sphere of activity. However, it is also crucial for R&D initiatives and findings to be disseminated seamlessly, both within and outside the organization or department, to enable further iterations and continually improve the research findings and the resultant products or services. Publications provide that avenue of expression.
Therefore, it is almost inevitable that R&D teams across industries fall back on expert publication support services to maximize the impact of their R&D findings. An effective publication service provider helps accomplish this goal in several ways.
Publication services play the role of the enabler
R&D is a continuous process for which companies, governments, and institutions invest heavily in terms of human resources and finance. However, even the best of R&D innovations are rendered impotent unless they are backed by an effective platform to document the findings related to, say, a product, a research, or a service. A publication service can organize and channelize the findings with great impact and bring them to world notice. In other words, it acts as a footbridge to draw global attention to your R&D findings in many arenas and types of study.
Publication services for statistical R&D studies
R&D often involves data analyses involving tons of facts and figures. While an R&D team is well-equipped to analyze such data and draw conclusions, they often find it difficult to present the statistical data in a coherent and well-formatted manner for easy understanding. That’s where a publication service can step in effectively.
Publication services for technical and scientific studies
A publication service can enrich your technical R&D studies with the necessary illustrations and animations to blend with your research. It could be a manual you are developing for your R&D team, a report on findings, or a working paper on an ongoing research—all such R&D projects need to be published and disseminated quickly among all stakeholders. If you have the backing of a publication service with some domain knowledge of your industry, it would be as simple as the proverbial “cakewalk.”
Publication services for localization of your R&D projects
In today’s globalized economy, companies and institutions have a stake in many countries. It is therefore critical to share R&D findings at one unit with other units, but linguistic barriers inhibit information sharing. However, a publication service can localize your R&D findings in various languages through their translation services. That not only sustains R&D activities across the world, but also contributes to their growth.
Publication services for R&D newsletters and periodicals
Many corporations and institutions that have a strong R&D arm believe in declaring recent trends in research and building on those trends. A periodic newsletter is an ideal tool, provided it has high professional and production value added by a publication service.
R&D publications: Beyond business
Contrary to popular notion, R&D is not the exclusive domain of business entities. It plays a vital role in image building too. A robust R&D team, backed by effective media publications, can help give shape and stature to the public perception of a political party or leader. Not surprisingly, political parties across the board not only employ a powerful R&D team, but also a strong publication service to go with it.
The recent U.S. presidential election is a case in point. Although it was perhaps the most divisive election ever in American history, it had an unlikely winner in Donald Trump. Many discounted him early on, but in hindsight, analysts credit his victory to the strong research team that worked on his behalf and the endorsement of his candidature by several publications. Hillary Clinton might have got more media endorsements, but Trump’s R&D team, backed by endorsements from The National Enquirer, The New York Observer, and The New York Post seem to have propelled the real estate mogul-turned politician into the White House.
It all goes to show that the right R&D ingredients, along with a strong publication service, can lead to a strong brew.
As the name suggests, the main benefit of an open access journal is that it is free for viewing by all. It can be viewed without making any payments and even downloaded for free. This is highly advantageous for libraries and researchers, who would otherwise have to access each journal through a paid subscription. With subscription rates usually very high, it became very difficult for budding researchers to subscribe to all relevant journals. Besides, researchers often have limited finance to access many journals. Conversely, with open access journals, researchers can access several journals, while libraries can add a large number of journals to their collections and thus benefit the research community as a whole.
Open access journals have high citation because they are freely accessible and referred by many people. For writers, too, open access journals give their papers much greater exposure than subscription based journals. It is also observed that there is a sustained number of downloads over a longer period, while non-open access articles have a shorter attention span. There is no need to pay subscription charge or pay-per-view charges to reach the full material. Open access journals are more likely to be indexed in databases and enlisted in search engines.
Some journals ask the author to pay for making their paper free to viewed, but this amount is nominal. After the manuscript has been accepted, the author also needs to pay a onetime charge for processing and handling. This sum is far smaller than the amount paid for publication in non-open access journals, both printed and online.
The best part of an open access journal is that it gives wider scope of access to researchers in developing countries. Since publication of papers is free in many journals, researchers from developing countries have a better chance to publish their papers and present the results of their study to a global readership.
In contrast to traditional journals, open access journals have a short production cycle, which enables quick publication of accepted papers. Some open access journals also offer fee waivers or discounts for authors from developing countries.
Sometimes, due to negligence or oversight, editors of traditional journals omit few good papers, but the chance of a similar occurrence in an open access journal is much less because the journal’s teams of editors carry out a rapid peer review so that the paper is published without delay.
There are advantages and disadvantages of open access journals, but the advantages surely outweigh the disadvantages. With the arrival of open access journals, accessibility to research papers has increased manifold. Besides, a wider audience prompts higher number of citations. Open access publications have thus come as a boon for researchers and libraries in developing countries.
In recent times, our world has become quite competitive and ambitious. With the rise of competitive industrial markets, efficiently written communication has become more critical than ever. An expressive and concisely prepared business document not only reflects professionalism, but also helps in making an affirmative first impression on the prospective business clients. On the other hand, if a business document comes into view as confusing and unclear and does not successfully communicate the intended message, it can most certainly place your reputation at threat and immediately acquire you a tag of being sloppy and unprofessional. The present article on “Editing and Proofreading Services” provides some basic information about professional editing and proofreading services, and also gives detailed information on why to take the help of these professionals.
Why Use Professional Editing and Proofreading Services
Usually, people fail to notice the importance of professional editing and proofreading services. They actually do not realize the values these professional services can attach to their written documents. Ahead of submitting any written document for publication, it is necessary to make sure that it communicates the intended message in the most understandable way as the business documents are an indication of our principles, as well as standards of our association. Therefore, it is always beneficial to take the help of professional editing and proofreading services before publishing our written documents.
Let’s look upon some points so as to why one should necessarily get the help of professional editing and proofreading services.
- Written communications are of major significance. It is vital for a written document to be understandable and to the point. In case, it is not, there lurks a risk of losing a prospective business client since you were either unable to give enough attention to the details, or your document was unsuccessful in impressing the potential customer or financier.
- Formerly, companies depended mainly on in-house services for their editing and proofreading requirements. However, because of growing time limitations and competition, companies are now gradually more outsourcing their editing and proofreading requirements to the professional services.
- In the business world, terms like ‘editing’ and ‘proofreading’ are regularly used interchangeably. However, these two terms can be distinguished given that they focus on dissimilar features of writing. On one hand, editing focuses on the tone and flow of the manuscript. On the other hand, proofreading seeks to certify the rightness of the manuscript. By taking the help of a professional service provider, you can relax confident that both techniques are applied, use of which comes out with an outstandingly written document.
- Business documents are a lot more vulnerable to mistakes as these documents characteristically involve association. Besides, the majority of business writers work under constraint and have to meet fixed targets. Inappropriate tone, repetition in words or facts, grammatical errors and spelling mistakes are some of the frequent mistakes in business writing. Writers habitually get so absorbed in their work that they often fail to observe those mistakes. Hence, the task must be transferred into the skilled hands of a professional editor and/or proofreader.
Concisely, professional editing and proofreading services can manage the written documents in a more efficient manner than in-house services or using word-processing tools. Accordingly, we will get a wholesome professional representation that eventually develops reliance and reverence. This result must not be undervalued by any business. In fact, it may perhaps be what exists between you and the client you should protect.
Content is the most essential part of any blog or website. In order to make the content interesting for the readers, the content needs to be exceptional and simultaneously creative. Readability of any content is determined by how the content has been developed. Content development is a chief factor of content writing and more or less content that is reasonable, appropriate and convincing.
The present article on “Content Development” provides some basic tips to keep in mind, and hopefully, even follow them while writing any content for blogs, websites, etc. to come out with an exceptional piece of work.
Tips for Content Development
- There exist certain features that manage the prospective of good quality content. Basically, it is a three step procedure. The first is to identify the target reader or audience, second is to write the content in a convincing manner, and third is to make use of appropriate keywords in the content.
- While searching on the internet for a certain topic or a subject matter, we usually come across numerous websites and blogs related to the same topic and material. But what renders a particular webpage separate from others is its content development.
- While writing content for any webpage or website, it is essential to dedicate a sufficient amount of time and explore into the subject matter to come about with significant content.
- While writing content, ensure that the content you are writing is directed towards the anticipated reader/audience. In other words, the reader must find the content valuable enough to read it till the last part.
- In order to improve readability of the content, try to use standard English as far as possible. Avoid using jargons or other difficult words and phrases for enabling the reader to understand the content easily. However, one can always put efforts in making the content appealing and engaging.
- Spelling mistakes and grammatical errors can be serious negative aspects of any content. So, it is always advantageous to proofread the content before publishing or putting it online.
- Depending on the topic one is writing the content on, the language can be formal or informal. However, make sure that the language is realistic and persuasive.
- When a reader is searching some information on the internet, he/she types in specific keywords on a search-engine and is thus presented with links for the related webpages that have those keywords in their content. Therefore, it is always advised to insert some suitable keywords while developing the content. Doing so helps in improving the page rank of the webpage, and thus, develops the content readability.
Apart from all the above mentioned points, the most important point to be taken into account while content development is that the content must communicate a specific message, so that the reader realises the content to be worth reading.