Publishing Research Work is essential for a Researcher. How many times the paper is cited after it is published is also very critical. The worthiness of the Research Paper is determined by the Citations.
What is a Citation?
A Citation can be stated as a Reference to the Source of Information used in your Research Paper. Write the Papers and publish them with proper Citation. During the Publication, you cite different references which you have followed.
Why Citation matter?
- Quality of your Research
- H-Index – If the Article Citation is increased, H-Index also increases. It is a number that gives the Researcher Efficiency and Impact. The number depends on the papers a researcher publishes, and the citation it gets. It measures the Efficiency and Reference of the Publication of a Researcher.
Importance of Citation
When you are a Researcher who has published a Paper recently and thinking about how to increase your citation, these are the steps to increase the visibility of the Published Paper among the Research Community.
- The best way is to upload your Scientific Journal Article on Social Platforms such as Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, Youtube where you can attract an audience from different backgrounds. Let people know what your Research is about.
- Publishing Lots of Papers, if you have good data and planning to publish your data then make a Schedule, Plan your writing and Publish your Research Articles regularly. Cite your previous works and also your Colleague’s Work. Share part of your data with the Public.
- Update your Profile on different Platforms like Google Scholar, Academia, Scopus. Use a Consistent form of your paper on all of your forms.
- Publish more Review Articles. Review Papers get more citations than Research Articles.
- Use Short Attractive Titles to get more Citation.
- Use unique, Trending Keywords in the Abstract.
- Collaborate with different Scientific Communities. Make Collabs to become Co-Authors of the Research Paper.
- Work as a Volunteer in Journals where you can Review Papers and also upgrade your Scientific Knowledge in a particular field.
- Target your Journals. Focus on New Journals, Open Access Journals, and Journals that offer Free Publication have greater impact.
- Publish in Special Issues – You get wide publicity which attracts more Audiences.
- Socialize and try to attend more Conferences where you can meet the scientific community who are working on different aspects of Science and participate by publishing your Research Paper.
- Expert Advice is highly valuable to get Citation. Cross Check your data before you publish.
- Target High Impact Factor for Paper Publication. Impact Factor decides the Quality of the Research Journal.
- Use the Image Search Option. Make attractive Graphical Abstracts which is engaging and informative.
- Try to cite Recent and Relevant Papers alone.
- Cite a Renowned Person in your field of research that will make your paper a reputed one.
A High Citation Score is one of the Parameters to get a Postdoc Position. By following the above ways, your work will be visible and your citation score will increase. The most important way of getting citations lies in the contribution of the Research Excellence.