The copyediting service at Manuscriptedit.com involves:
- Thorough and comprehensive proofreading of the manuscript.
- Checking the manuscript's English language for spelling, vocabulary, grammar and punctuation.
- Checking for the consistency in writing style (capitalization, American/British Eng).
- Checking for consistent use of abbreviations.
- Checking the manuscript for consistency in referencing style.
- Rephrasing and revising the sentences for better clarity.
- Checking the manuscript layout (headlines, paragraphs, and illustrations) for their correct dimensions and placement only.
What does Copyediting cover?
Covers subject-verb agreement, article usage, punctuation, spellings, and tense.
STYLE & CONSISTENCY
capitalization, hyphenation, headings, numbering style, and abbreviations; American/British English styles.
citation style, appropriate citation of sources, and accuracy of cross-references between text & figures and main text & end list.