Academic journals are also known as periodicals. They usually include the research works of a variety of people specialising in diverse areas of academics. Academic journals are not written by every regular author, but only by professionals who are approved to share their opinions, knowledge and researches with a huge community consisting of educationists, professors and students. The reason behind writing in academic journals is to enhance the information in universal and in explicit sense, as well as to share the information with students and other experts belonging to the same field or discipline.
The present article on “Academic Journals” gives detailed information about academic journals and some basic tips as guidance while writing for academic journals.
Types of Academic Journals
Academic journal writing differs on the basis of its subject matter. In a broader sense, academic journals can be characterised under the following types.
- Art journals
- Arts and Education
- Biological Sciences
- Business Journals
- Legal Studies
- Medical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Research Journals
- Scholarly Journals
- Science Journals
- Social Sciences
Tips for Academic Journals Writing
In order to produce a remarkable piece of content, which is suitable for publishing, it is necessary to follow specific kinds of formats and procedures.
- Ensure to write significant and relevant points and sentences. Avoid unnecessary and repetitive information. Pay extra attention while selecting words and phrases.
- Try to maintain a formal tone in your writing. Besides, ensure that the sentences are composed from the viewpoint of a third party.
- Remember that the readers of your articles are people from your own field or discipline. Thus, it is typical to assume that they already possess basic knowledge about what you will be writing. Consequently, this eliminates the need of explaining the information in much detail.
- Ensure to format and organise your written matter into various segments so that the article looks well-arranged and easy to comprehend.
- Although not mandatory, it is always beneficial to go through the process of peer review. By the help of this process, one or more professionals belonging to your specific field will read and analyse your written material and provide suggestions for improvement.
- After finishing writing the article, ensure to revise and proofread it. Read it again and again to check and eliminate any kind of mistake in spellings, punctuation, grammar, concepts, and/or reasoning.
Writing for academic journals is not that tough if taken proper steps and assistance. As these journals are usually written by professionals, there are fewer chances of errors, but one can never be too sure about this. Hence, it is advised to follow some basic tips and guidelines while writing your articles for academic journals in order to avoid any kind of mistake or error.