The Inverted Pyramid framework is the most conventional principle, which is followed for professional writing. Many people have been critical about it, but it has survived for more than a century. As per this principle, the most important point or essential element of an article should be placed at the top. In other words, the facts should be sequenced in descending order of importance. This might seem a bit blunt, but it is most effective.
- The readers can judge quickly whether they want to read the entire article or not.
- Even if the readers decide to stop reading at any particular point, they have already grasped the main point of your article.
- The first few sentences provide a quick overview of the entire article.
- It is of great advantage to editors. In case an article exceeds its specified space, they can easily trim the content from the bottom instead of starting from the first and changing the entire structure.
- It captures and retains the readersâ€™ interest. If the beginning is not captivating, readers skim for other alternatives.
- Creating headlines becomes easier and faster through it.
- It improves the creative and organizational capability of the writer.